Looking to go Wireless?
Here’s Our Pick of the Best Bluetooth TVs
As any nerd will tell you, Bluetooth is wireless (radio wave) technology, used for short-range data exchanges. As such it does away with the tangled mess of wiring around computers, TVs and other devices, whilst still allowing them to link up and share information. Downloading videos from your phone to display on your TV, or linking a handsfree set to your cell, Bluetooth can do that and more.
Having Bluetooth integrated into your TV enables it to own the top spot for displaying visual content out of what’s known in the business as the three screens – TV, computer and smartphone. App sharing is possible, and some applications will even turn your phone into a remote for your TV. Bluetooth can transform your home into a wire free, remote zone, and having your TV at the heart, allows control from the comfort of your sofa!
Here’s our pick of the Bluetooth integrated TVs on the market today
Samsung UN65RU7300FXZA Curved 65-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model)
3 used from $934.29
- 4K UHD PROCESSOR: Powerful 4K UHD processor optimizes your TV’s performance by upscaling every show, season, and scene with 4K picture quality
- ENHANCED DETAIL WITH HDR: 4K depth of detail with high dynamic range lets you see shades of color that reveal more detail than HDTV can deliver
- PURCOLOR REVEALS SPECTRUMS OF COLOR: Millions of shades of color reveal a vibrant, lifelike picture that conventional HDTV can’t create
- SMART TV FEATURES: Simple on-screen universal guide to find streaming content and live TV shows, OneRemoteA to control all compatible devices, smart speaker expandability with Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, and more
- CURVED SCREEN DESIGN: Get pulled into the action with Auto Depth Enhancer on curved TVs for immersive viewing
With Samsung’s usual talent for good design, this series 7 model follows in the stylish footsteps of its predecessors. A softly curving screen, with ultra fine bezels, sits atop neat and unobtrusive feet, and, with the tidy cable feature, this makes a great addition to any home.
The Samsung RU7300 delivers a vibrant, lifelike image, and, thanks to PurColor, the quality displayed by the full color gamut is what you’d expect from a TV twice this price. The native contrast ratio gives blacks a deep, uniform richness, while lighter tones are stable and don’t overwhelm. The detailing provided by HDR is excellent, and a smooth refresh rate of 120Hz adds to the fully immersive viewing experience.
Our only point here is that without local dimming, the darkest scenes lack a little definition, but this doesn’t detract from the overall impressiveness of the display.
Running a version of Samsung’s Tizen OS and SmartHub interface, the smart features are easily accessible, and pretty decent. Smooth navigation allows apps and streaming services, such as Netflix, Hula and Prime, to deliver content right to your screen, and with Bluetooth you have the option to control smart devices from your TV with no hassle.
The Samsung 7300 delivers on build quality, offers a great TV experience, and is smart enabled. All this at a surprisingly decent price. It’s definitely worth considering if you’re looking for a stylish and capable TV.
TOSHIBA 43LF711U20 43-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV HDR - Fire TV Edition
- Fire TV experience built-in - Fire TV Edition brings together live-over-the air TV, and your favorite streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch live over-the-air TV, or stream movies and shows from Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO and more.
- Dolby Vision HDR - Enhanced 4K HDR picture with an expanded range of contrast and superior brightness.
- True-to-life picture quality - Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast and vivid colors. Watch movies and TV shows come to life in ultra high definition.
- Voice Remote with Alexa - Everything you'd expect from a remote - plus launch apps, search for TV shows, switch inputs, control smart home devices and more, using just your voice. With Prime Video, Netflix, and HBO buttons, instantly access your favorite apps.
- Keeps getting smarter - This TV is smart and simple in every way. Just plug it in, connect to Wi-Fi and enjoy. Plus, your TV keeps getting smarter with new Alexa skills and features through automatic over-the-air software updates, so that you always have the latest.
Looks are definitely deceptive with this Toshiba model. Appearance-wise, it has to be said, it’s pretty plain, but the gloss plastic bezels, and feet with an almost Art Deco look, give it a decently solid feel. Including the three HDMI ports, there are multiple input/output options, all conveniently situated.
The 4K UHD resolution, with more than 8 million pixels, gives the image an impressive clarity and crispness, and whilst it could be argued that the blacks could be a little darker, this doesn’t detract from the vivid color gamut on offer. The HDR provides realistic midtones, and excellent detailing. The refresh rate of 120Hz was logged slightly slower in our tests, but not enough to make a difference to watchability or its versatility as a games machine.
The Fire platform brings together live TV and all your favorite streaming channels, such as Netflix and Prime Video, whilst Alexa allows you to control them, download and launch apps and transform your TV into a home hub for all your smart devices.
Toshiba have produced a decent, reliable 4K TV that offers Alexa, streaming media and a good, solid picture, all at a very affordable price tag
LG 55UM7300PUA Alexa Built-in 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2019)
- Quad Core Processor: improves images, action and color, reducing distracting video noise and motion blur, enhancing sharpness and portraying accurate colors
- LG THINQ, Alexa and Google Assistant: LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology
- 4K ACTIVE HDR: 4K resolution TV detail and more lifelike picture with scene by scene picture adjustment; Supports HDR formats, HDR10 and HLG
- IPS 4K: wide viewing angle keeps you enthralled with spectacular realism displaying almost 100 percent color accuracy, even from a 60 degree angle
- Access AI Based Entertainment With WEBOS: There's a lot to love about LG’s award winning, easy to use platform
This is a good looking beast from LG, with slim bezels, and neat little feet. There are also wall mounting options, which may be preferable for a large screen like this. The four plus ports allow every permutation of connectivity, and the whole thing looks far more expensive than it is.
With four times the resolution of full HD, UHD offers vivid and deliciously vibrant colors, and coupled with full HDR support for Dolby Vision, allows for full image optimization. Decent contrasts provide good, deep blacks, while the brighter colors sit comfortably alongside with minimal bleeding and next to no halo effect. Detailing and texture are offered by a more than capable quad-core processor, and with a refresh rate of just under 120Hz, sports, action movies and games sweep you along in an instant.
Smart capabilities are provided via LG’s ThinQ AI, which has both Google Assistant and Alexa ready to do your bidding the moment you verbalize it. Download and stream 1000s of movies, tunes and more, and connect your home to run from your TV. As an added bonus, the remote is awesome. Not only is it well designed and nicely intuitive, but it almost predicts your next more – it’s that responsive! Well done LG.
If you’re looking to purchase a large screen smart TV, that offers a nicely rounded, immersive experience via an excellent display, this is well worth a serious look.
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a TV with great features, then consider giving these pages a read too!