TVs with built-in DVD drives offer a multitude of viewing options for both DVD and Freeview watching. Eliminating the need for extra peripheries cluttering up your stylish TV stand and taking up more space, a TV combo makes it easy to pack for a weekend away and ideal if you’re living in space-limited student accommodation.
Most TV combos include high-quality full HD resolution, and whilst they may have fewer ports and in/outputs than the top-spec machines, they should still provide enough for everyday use. Readily available, they offer a simple, affordable way to enjoy a variety of media sources.
Our TVs with DVD players, in order to carry our recommendation, have come through a series of tests, where we examine and check every aspect, including:
- Picture quality – the picture offered must be crisp, with vibrant colors, great contrasts and smooth scrolling
- Audio – the audio should bring realistic sound, from the quietest whisper to the loudest explosions, into your room
- Immersive experience – you should be able to forget the world around you, engaging with the on-screen story completely
- Functionality – our recommended models must be simple to set-up, navigate and customize
- Value for money – by weighing up the price vs the TV’s quality, we can assess whether the price banding is fair and justifiable
By only featuring the models that come out as winners, you can rest assured that our TV DVD combos are the very best available, so why not have a look through our selection?
1) Westinghouse 32 inch LED HD DVD Combo TV
This TV/DVD combo from Westinghouse offers a versatile entertainment experience. The visual quality is exceptional, with rich vibrant colors, deep dark blacks and whites that hold a crisp clear edge. The built-in USB port allows an extra level of features, widening the media scope, and the full function remote control gives you the option to personalize your viewing from the comfort of your own sofa.
2) SuperSonic 24″ SC-2412 LED Widescreen HDTV
$209.99 in stock
7 used from $177.99
Perfect for family viewing, or if you’re looking for a TV to suit a bedroom or child’s room, this model from SuperSonic offers an impressive, yet affordable, way to watch both DVDs and regular TV shows. The resolution is crisp and clean, with realistically bright and accurate colors, and features filled detailing. The ability to scroll smoothly, following the on-screen action perfectly, allows an engaging and immersive experience.
3) Norcent 24 Inch 720P LED HD TV
1 used from $188.49
Norcent has produced a good-looking, well-made TV/DVD player that’s durable enough to take on vacation, yet large enough to enjoy at home. Easy to install, with enough features to allow every family member to personalize their programs, this HD TV has a comfortably wide viewing angle, beautifully vivid colors, and the blackest of blacks. Together with the richly detailed visuals and bright, clean whites make this TV well worth considering.
For more ideas on organizing a home with limited space, such as student accommodation, check out these space-saving tips.
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a TV with great features, then consider giving these pages a read too!