When buying new things, most of us have to set a budget, sometimes a realistic one, and oftentimes a hopeful one. Luckily it’s not the case that just because something has a breathtaking price tag it’s better than the cheaper alternative – great news for the cash-conscious!
Considering the value for money of any given product is important – does the quality balance well with the price? After taking a look at their image quality, performance, and functionality, we evaluated whether the prices of these TVs are justified by their specs. Only the TVs that achieved a perfect balance between quality and price are featured here.
Our tests have revealed that for under $400 you can get yourself a great TV. Packed full of features, smart capabilities, and with a decent image resolution, we highly recommend the following TVs.
Hisense 50-Inch Class H6570G 4K Ultra HD Android Smart TV with Alexa Compatibility (50H6570G, 2020 Model)
$259.99 in stock
1 used from $299.50
- The TV's 4K Ultra HD delivers more than four times the resolution of a regular 1080p high-definition screen with a powerful, full array LED backlight at work to create a sharper, more colorful picture.
- Android TV is a total entertainment hub and brings comprehensive content, including more than 4,000 apps and games to the biggest screen in your home to watch and discover movies, tv shows, music, and games.
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10 transforms your TV into an entertainment powerhouse, using the same image technology from cinemas to provide amazing realism that you'll see, hear, and feel like never before.
- The H65 is music to your ears—-and eyes—-thanks to built-in Bluetooth connectivity; this universal, invisible technology expands your entertainment options by wirelessly connecting a compatible soundbar, headphone, or stereo components to your TV.
- Measures 43.9 x 25.5 x 3.2 inches, 21.3 pounds (43.9 x 27.9 x 8.9 inches with included stand, LxHxW, 21.8 pounds); the 50H6570G has a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, and includes a voice remote (batteries included), power cable, and Quick Start Guide.
Delivering one of the best resolutions we’ve seen in this price range, the pairing of 4K and ultra high definition, and adding in the advantage of LED backlighting, brings a startlingly vibrant and realistic image quality to the screen. The full color gamut, rich, accurate contrasts and detailed textures produce an immersive visual experience.
Coupled with a solid audioscape, and built in Bluetooth technology, the Hisense brings the movie theater into your living room.
With both Android TV and Alexa, the downloading and streaming of movies, videos and over 4000 games and apps is simple, transforming the simple home TV into the entertainment hub of your home.
Samsung Electronics UN32J4001 32-Inch 720p LED TV (2017 Model)
1 used from $124.99
- Enjoy a great picture with Samsung 720p high definition (HD), which makes your favorite films and games more detailed, vibrant and clear
- Slim design
- Enjoy a clear moving picture Resolution at Motion Rate 60 with amazing refresh Rate, processing speed and backlight technology
- See every image as the director intended with enriched colors - even with older, non-HD content
This sleek, neatly designed model from tech giants Samsung offers a screen with enriched color and luminosity throughout, thanks to the LED backlighting, which also produces an even grey scale across the whole surface. Contrasts are good, with the blackest of blacks and a non-existent haloing around the brights. The decent refresh rate allows for a smooth scrolling experience, even in the fastest action scenes.
With a solid audio performance, this Samsung is a good choice, and would make the ideal TV for the kitchen, kid’s room or to vacation with.
TCL 43" Class 5-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR Roku Smart TV - 43S525
$388.55 in stock
1 used from $359.99
- Smart functionality offers access to thousands of streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color and detail of Dolby Vision high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Full View design provides a clean, contemporary edge to edge glass display that blends seamlessly into your viewing experience
- Auto Game Mode automatically enhances performance by offering the smoothest action, lowest latency and the best picture settings for gaming
- Inputs: 3 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out, Ethernet
This TCL Class-5 has a lot to like. For starters, the image quality is excellent with the combination of 4K, UHD and Dolby Vision creating a smorgasbord for the senses. Resolution is clean, letting the impressive contrasts do their work uninterrupted. Rich, deep blacks and clear bright tones retain their quality across the screen, while textures appear almost touchable. TCL’s NBP Photon technology powers the full color gamut, offering a realistic, vibrant range of hues.
The smooth refresh rate and low latency allow the Auto Game Mode to reach its full potential, and with the range of ports, extra peripherals can be added easily.
With the smart capabilities to explore the internet, download or stream thousands of movies, games and music, thanks to Roku TV, and all easily controlled by Alexa or Google Assistant, this is an easy TV to recommend.
If you enjoyed this page, and are on a budget, then consider giving these pages a read too!