As one of the best TVs in the market today, LG has outdone themselves with their C9 Series of OLED TVs in 2020. OLED (or organic light-emitting diode) technology stands at the top of high-end TV displays when it comes to delivering superior picture quality you can enjoy. Here, we take a closer look.
LG OLED55C9PUA Alexa Built-in C9 Series 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2019)
8 used from $1,346.50
- Get Disney Plus for a year with the purchase of this TV
- LG a9 GEN 2 INTELLIGENT PROCESSOR: Images, action and color are brought to new life to instantly enhance picture quality through LG's best 4K processor, empowered by AI at its core
- LG THINQ, ALEXA AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT: LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology
- DOLBY VISION AND DOLBY ATMOS: Transform your TV into an entertainment powerhouse Advanced image and sound technologies inspired by the cinema optimize picture and sound for a spectacular, more lifelike experience in every scene
- NVIDIA G SYNC COMPATIBILITY: exceptional picture quality of perfect black and intense colors combine with smooth gameplay to take PC gaming to new heights
The C9 delivers a wide range of vivid colors and lifelike details that stand out to satisfy the cinephiles in most, if not all, of us. It provides a perfect contrast ratio through rich deep blacks and black color uniformity thanks to the 8.3 billion individually lit pixels in its OLED panel.
Unlike traditional LCDs, OLED panels do not require backlights. This means that when a scene calls for black, OLED will turn off to create true black, while backlit LCD panels will still show a certain degree of lighting. This brings out a high level of detail even in the darkest scenes while watching in a dark room.
The α9 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor
This model has 4K Ultra HD that is four times the resolution quality of Full HD that you can enjoy with the wide viewing angle from its OLED panel. Powered by LG’s best 4K processor, the α9 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor greatly enhances images, colors, and motion with its 4-step noise reduction. It handles fast-moving images well, delivering clear and fluid motion with no blurs. It also intelligently upscales content to 4K quality. The C9 also comes with Dolby Vision and Atmos technologies, providing that cinematic experience through enhanced image and sound qualities in every scene.
In addition to delivering an immersive viewing experience, the C9 also provides a unique experience in gaming. Avid gamers will enjoy exceptional details and intense colors in cinematic virtual 5.1 channel surround sound. Its Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) allows for smooth and responsive gameplay with its 1ms response time and low input lag to enjoy real-time action while playing. This model also comes with NVIDIA G-SYNC compatibility for improved PC gaming.
The C9 comes with extremely thin borders measuring only a third of an inch (.37”). Its sophisticated and well-built design makes it a perfect centerpiece for your entertainment setup. This TV weighs around 42 lbs. with its stand and can be mounted to a wall with VESA 300 x 200 screws.
In terms of connectivity, this model comes with 4 HDMI 2.1 ports, 3 USB 2.0 connections, and 1 ethernet input. It also comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for easy access to multiple devices. The LG Magic Remote allows you to control your entertainment system easily with intelligent voice recognition and scroll and click features.
Even though this TV has a larger than average price tag, it’s definitely worth the money with its superb features and quality. It certainly defines what a flagship model should be.
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a particular size of TV, then consider giving these pages a read too!