The future is here – the 4K TVs have made sure of that. Watching a movie or TV show is now an entirely different experience, thanks to the unique visuals offered by 4K technology. How we watch, hear, and enjoy our viewing time has now been completely updated, with older outdated tech blown out of the water due to the intricacy of 4K TV technology.
4K refers to the resolution being 4 times that of a regular 1080p HD TV. The picture is much sharper, better, and more vivid. Going from HD to 4K TVs is a revelation. The details are exquisite, and the colors are vibrant with luminosity. Watch YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime and all you need is the popcorn to be in the cinema.
Below, you will find the best three 4K TVs that come with price tags of under $1000.
1) TCL Roku 4K
TCL 55R617 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model)
$585.00 in stock
- Your purchase includes One TCL 55R617 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model), One voice enabled remote control with batteries and One analog audio/video input adapter.
- TV dimensions without stand: 48.5" W x 28.1" H x 2.9" D. TV dimensions with stand: 48.5” W x 30.6” H x 10.7” D. Stand separation distance: 47.9” TV weight without stand: 37.1 lbs
- Our Contrast Control Zones (CCZ) is part of the powerful performance package available on our new six series TV. Simply put, and LED TV with Full array and contrast control zones is the only way in LED TV can have the blackest blacks and whitest whites on screen at the same time, delivering an amazing contrast, bright vibrant white, and deep rich blacks.
- The 120 Hz clear motion index uses a combination of the TVs need of 60 Hz panel and back like scanning to deliver clear fast action. This technology prevents the “soap opera effect”.
- While TCL Roku TVs do not include Bluetooth, you can connect this TV to external audio by using either HDMI ARC, a digital optical audio out, or an analog audio out in the form of a 3.5 mm Jack.
This TV will give you the ultimate watching experience. Starting from the brilliant design, this TV is futuristically minimal, styled to the nth degree. It has tremendous picture quality, and it incorporates Dolby Vision HDR impeccably. The LED adapts readily to the luminosity of each scene by dimming or lighting as necessary. Roku TV offers hundreds of thousands of viewing options, all waiting for your command – yes, the voice tech is phenomenal.
The TLC Roku 4K will give you everything that you want in a great TV without having to spend a fortune.
Insignia NS-55DF710NA19 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR - Fire TV Edition
- Insignia 4K UHD Smart TV – Fire TV Edition delivers true-to-life 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and vivid colors.
- With the Fire TV experience built-in, enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, including Disney+, Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more
- Fire TV Edition seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen (HD antenna required).
- Easily control your TV with the included Voice Remote with Alexa—plus, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and more, using just your voice.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 48.9” x 28.6” x 3.3”, TV with stand: 48.9” x 30.3” x 10.4”. Multiple device input/output options: 3 HDMI including 1 with ARC, USB, composite input, antenna/cable input, digital output (optical), audio output, Ethernet.
The Ultra HD picture of Insignia 4K TV is visually jaw-dropping. With a display of around 8 million pixels, it has amazing clarity and the colors are vivacious, vibrant and exciting. Alexa is included and can customize the display, search for movies, music and more, and will even control your smart home.
With Fire TV allowing access to thousands of free channels, you’ll never miss a thing – Hula, Amazon, and Netflix are among the streaming services preloaded for you.
The picture and the sound the Insignia 4K TV offers is well in excess of its budget-friendly price tag.
LG Electronics 49SK8000 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2018 Model)
- LG SUPER UHD TV with AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ has the Google Assistant built in, so you can control compatible smart home devices using just your voice through the LG Magic Remote. Create a center for your smart home and beyond. Plus it works with Amazon Alexa devices (sold separately)
- α7 Intelligent Processor enhances 4K HDR content for a truly cinematic experience. Enjoy a more lifelike picture with superior depth, sharpness, and remarkably accurate color
- Local dimming can brighten and dim independently, enhancing contrast and achieving deeper black levels for a rich, lifelike image.Wall Mount VESA 200 x 200
- 4K Cinema HDR on LG SUPER UHD TV with AI ThinQ features comprehensive support of major high dynamic range formats including Dolby Vision, as well as HDR10 and HLG, both with LG’s advanced tone-mapping technology that provides scene-by-scene optimization
- Dolby Atmos is the same audio technology developed for state-of-the-art cinemas, with immersive sound that appears to come from everywhere, putting you in the middle of all the excitement
The overall design of this LG screams quality and style, while the image it delivers is astounding, with colors popping, full of life and exuberance. Immersive in the extreme, with no lag, this is an ideal games machine, and the cinematic experience just doesn’t let up with edge-of-seat realism. Thanks to Nano Cell Display, you can experience an expanded spectrum of colors with increased vibrancy.
Google Assistant comes built-in, allowing complete, personalized control, and the LG’s Dolby Atmos audio technology used to great effect in high-end cinemas, offers a fully rounded, thumping soundscape.
This is an impressive TV, even more so considering its price bracket.
Is 4k really better than 1080p?
Ultra high definition, also known as UHD or 4K, delivers a far better resolution than 1080p. UHD displays are 3840 x 2160 pixels, whilst 1080p is1920 x 1080 pixels.
What is a 4k TV?
The display resolution for a 4K TV consists of 3840 x 2160 pixels, equalling well in excess of 8 million pixels. This results in a realistically vibrant screen resolution.
How do you clean a 4k TV screen?
Using a weak mix of vinegar and distilled water, dampen a lint-free cloth and wipe over the entire TV screen once you've unplugged it. Use gentle circular motions, and if you have any stubborn marks, use a dab of neat vinegar to remove them.
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a TV with great features, then consider giving these pages a read too!