If you’re looking for a second TV, or have a limited budget, you may think it’ll be hard to find a quality TV for under $200. However, just as expensive doesn’t necessarily mean “good”, cheaper doesn’t always mean “avoid”.
As TV technology hits new benchmarks every week, the price moves forward too, leaving yesterday’s TVs (which are still high quality) behind, resulting in a drop in prices. While manufacturers are concentrating on 8K and beyond, older smart TVs are becoming much more affordable.
These three quality models all include smart capabilities and they all performed well in our rigorous tests.
Insignia NS-32DF310NA19 32-inch Smart HD TV - Fire TV Edition
$129.99 in stock
- Insignia HD Smart TV – Fire TV Edition delivers 720p picture quality with deep blacks and rich colors.
- With the Fire TV experience built-in, enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, including Disney+, Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more
- Fire TV Edition seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen (HD antenna required).
- Easily control your TV with the included Voice Remote with Alexa—plus, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and more, using just your voice.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 28.9” x 17.3” x 3”, TV with stand: 28.9” x 19” x 8.2”. Multiple device input/output options: 3 HDMI including 1 with ARC, USB, composite input, antenna/cable input, digital output (optical), audio output, Ethernet.
Delivering a realistically impressive image, this Insignia model offers a lot of bang for your buck. The 720p produces deep, rich blacks and a great color vibrancy. Crisp contrasts vie for your attention alongside touchable textures and clean whites.
Powered by a quad-core CPU/Multi-core GPU, the fluid responsiveness enables this TV to double as a great games machine, while the lack of lag allows your streamed movies to roll smoothly without encroaching on your immersive experience.
Alexa enabled, with access to over 5000,000 movies, or stream from Netflix, Hula, Prime, and more, this is a TV well worth considering.
Sceptre 32 inch Full 1080p LED HDTV HDMI USB MHL VGA with Clear QAM, Machine Black
- LED With sharper contrasts of light and darks, LED display delivers a vast array of rich colors, ensuring that moving images have never been so pleasing to the eyes. LED Display offers a lifelike picture, complete with bright colors and crisp images.
- MEMC 120 With a MEMC 120 (Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation), all action-packed sequences will flow smoothly from frame to frame for the ultimate experience. Enjoy every moment of the auto enhanced picture quality especially for all your favorite sports, video games, and movies packed with action.
- HDMI HDMI not only delivers superior digital video and audio, but also, connects both to the TV with only one cable.
- Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) MHL allows streaming of contents from your compatible smartphone or tablet to Sceptre TV, which capitalize on the visually enhanced picture quality.
- USB Port Let’s you view your pictures as a slideshow or listen to your favorite music via the USB port. Just insert your flash drive into the USB port for the ultimate entertainment.
Sceptre’s LED TV surprised us with its visual display – it’s fair to say, we weren’t expecting such impressive images. The array of vibrant colors, sharp contrasts, and realistic luminosity made for an immersive experience. This, alongside the innovative Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation (MEMC), designed to allow smooth frame flow, have earned this TV its stripes.
The Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) enables you to stream from your mobile device, capitalizing on the impressive picture quality, and with the three + ports, this TV can be transformed into a games machine, where you can really appreciate its graphic capabilities.
TCL 40S325 40 Inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV (2019)
$199.99 in stock
2 used from $199.50
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 35.6 X 20.5 X 2.9 inches, TV with stand: 35.6 X 22.7 X 7.2 inches
- Smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500,000 movies and TV episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive Roku TV
- 1080p HD resolution for a lifelike picture
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
TCL’s Roku Smart TV produces a picture quality that belies its budget price, and the 1080p resolution offers honest, lifelike visuals. Contrasts are sharp, thanks to the LED direct lighting, and even the fastest action scenes never lag. The audio soundscape is solidly reassuring, with smooth tonal changes, even at a higher volume, while the speakers could comfortably fill a room much larger than the one we used.
Compatible with both Google Assistant and Alexa, the smart capabilities allow downloadable content or movie and music streaming, searching for your favorites with voice control, or the intuitive Roku platform.
TCL have produced a TV with a performance and budget that’s hard to beat.