Is your movie enjoyment being ruined by a filthy TV screen? Can you only see smears and marks when you’re trying to watch superheroes save the planet? It’s time to clean that screen!
Your plasma TV screen can’t be cleaned in the same way you’d do the windows; it needs a little more TLC. The delicate internal electronics cannot get even the slightest bit damp, so you shouldn’t spray cleaning solutions straight onto the screen as they can quickly run down and seep through the frame. It’s also not advised to use proprietary solutions as these often contain harsh chemicals that can damage, or even completely remove, the protective surface that coats the glass. It’s important to remember, too, that the pixel cells can easily get broken if too much pressure is placed on the screen, so always go gently, as damaged, or dead, pixels are often impossible to fix.
In order to produce a streak-free shine on your plasma screen, gather together a spray bottle, household vinegar, distilled water and several microfiber cloths. These are lint-free, meaning that they don’t leave any fibers behind on the screen.
Continue reading to find out how to clean your plasma TV without damaging it.
Steps for cleaning your plasma TV:
- Make sure your TV is switched off and unplugged from the main power source
- Make up a solution of equal parts distilled water and vinegar, and put it in the spray bottle
- Gently, with a dry cloth, wipe over the screen, removing any loose dirt and dust, ensuring you get right into the corners
- If there are any stubborn marks, use a tiny amount of neat vinegar on a cloth and gently wipe it away
- Mist over a microfiber cloth, only allowing it to get very slightly moist
- Using a circular movement, as straight lines can leave smears, start gently rubbing the cloth over the plasma screen
- Use neat vinegar, again, if any marks remain
- With a clean, dry cloth, start polishing the screen, remembering to go gently in a circular motion
Your plasma TV will now look super brilliant, with no streaks or smears to distract you from relaxing and enjoying a night in front of the TV.
For some great plasma screen cleaning hacks, check out this awesome video: