If you’re someone who loves watching sports games as if you’re right in the arena, a 70-inch TV should be your first choice. The sheer size, combined with the quality of today’s technology, makes everything double sized and lifelike, offering an experience that you wouldn’t want to miss for the world.
If you’re after a 70” screen, here’s our recommendations.
VIZIO P-Series Quantum 75” Class (74.5” Diag.) 4K HDR Smart TV - P759-G1
4 used from $1,401.99
- Quantum color: delivers up to 115 percent more Color than standard 4K TVs
- Ultra bright 1200: delivers detailed highlights at up to 1200 nits of brightness
- 240 local dimming zones: allows for deep black levels with stunning depth and contrast
- Dolby Vision HDR: Capable of displaying a wider spectrum of colors &detail; Includes HDR10 and HLG content support
- 4K Ultra HD: 4 times the Resolution of 1080p with over 8 million pixels
Although this TV is a little over 70”, it is the best that Vizio has to offer in the realm of giant screen TVs. Retro styled with a gloss black and silver chasis, this model from tech giants Vizio performs as great as it looks. With an impressive 12 dimming zones running alongside the quality backlighting, the image immersivity is nigh on perfect. The richly vibrant colors, played out across this technology, have all luminosity of a summer’s day, whilst, thanks to the responsive dimming, the blacks are dark and deep. Action movies are brought startling to life, too, via the 240Hz refresh rate, demonstrating that this TV would make an envy-inducing games machine, especially with 5 HDMI ports.
The soundscape, with its well rounded harmonies, make both music and voice come alive in your ears, and with the low throbbing bass, the car chase could be in your living room.
Smart wise, Vizio’s SmartCast provides a user friendly, very efficient platform for streaming, and Google Assist is one hand to … well, assist. With the ability to turn your TV into the home hub, relax whilst the preloaded apps, including Amazon, Hula, and Netflix stream your favorite shows.
Overall, the quality far outweighs the diminutive price tag – there’s a huge amount of bang for your bucks here.
Sony X830F 70 Inch TV: 70 in Bravia 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Television with HDR
3 used from $1,320.00
- UNCOVER THE DETAIL: Enjoy 70 inches of exceptional contrast with 4K UHD resolution and HDR content
- NEXT LEVEL CONTRAST: Takes non HDR imaging to near 4K HDR quality by optimizing the overall contrast
- AUTHENTIC COLOR: TRILUMINOS Display creates vibrant shades and smooth gradations of red, green, blue
- FAST MOTION CLARITY: Motionflow XR 960 enhances the native 120Hz panel for fast moving action scenes
- SLICE OF DESIGN: Hidden cable management system to coexist with other sound systems and devices
Well, it’s fair to say, Sony have done it again!
With a chassis to die for, this brushed steel, ultra slim model checks all the right boxes for eye appeal. So how does it perform?
The full color gamut and near perfect accuracy brings a realism to every scene. Responsive dimming and the native contrasts are excellent, with dark corners appearing sinister and deep, while the lights are bright, without the annoying halo effect. The color diminishes minutely when viewed from the widest angles, but we don’t consider this an issue, as you’d almost have to be out of the room for it to take effect. With an impressive black uniformity, minimum reflection and a super fast response time, eliminating lag judder, this is looking good so far.
The smart capabilities, via the Android TV interface, allow for thousands of apps, along with the usual preloaded streaming services of Hula, Netflix and Amazon, and of course, the ever-ready Google Assistant. The home menu is efficient and very user friendly, whilst the remote has a button for everything.
We’re usually impressed by Sony’s innovative technology, and this 70” TV makes the most of it, with casual ease. An easy recommend.
3) LG UM737
LG 70UM7370PUA Alexa Built-in 70" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2019)
- QUAD CORE PROCESSOR: improves images, action and color, reducing distracing video noise and motion blur, enhancing sharpness and portraying accurate colors.
- LG THINQ, ALEXA AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT: LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology.
- 4K ACTIVE HDR: 4K resolution TV detail and more lifelike picture with scene by scene picture adjustment. Supports HDR formats, HDR10 and HLG.
- ACCESS AI-BASED ENTERTAINMENT WITH WEBOS: There's a lot to love about LG’s award-winning, easy-to-use platform. Hover over an app, like Netflix, for personalized entertainment recommendations.* AI can also offer the best picture and sound settings for whatever you're watching, and keeps your favorite streaming apps handy. *Internet connection and Netflix subscription required.
- BLUETOOTH: wirelessly connect a range of device through Bluetooth 4.2 capable TV or easily pair with LG sound bars using LG Sound Sync.
The Quad-Core processor on this LG is monstrous and provides the viewer with improved picture clarity, color, whilst at the same time, a vastly reduced background noise. Enjoy fast-paced movies, smooth rolling sports action and dramatic effects with the heavy weight processor eliminating any time lag
Thanks to the wide viewing angle of IPS 4K panel providing 100% color accuracy even if watching from a 60-degree angle, a full audience is competantly catered for. The LG ThinQ AI is incredible, offering personalized entertainment, and if you ask nicely, controlling your smart home. The 4K resolution delivers a crisp, clear, bristling-with-detail image, and it has an incredible 3840 x 2160 resolution.
Taking everything into consideration, this LG is an absolute beast worth every dollar.
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a particular size of TV, then consider giving these pages a read too!