Buying a new TV doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. Techn0logy is improving by the day meaning that prices for older technology are dropping. Nowadays, you can get a decent model for under $300 with no drop in performance. Whether you intend to update the living room TV, or purchase a smaller, secondary one to put in your bedroom, you can be sure that our recommended TVs feature a contemporary designer look, with sleek bezels that fit perfectly into any interior.
Designing a room around your TV, and ensuring everyone has the optimum viewing angle can be tricky, especially if you don’t have a lot of space. There are several things to consider, such as the placement of the TV, but also what you’re placing it on to ensure stability. A TV stand has to fulfill several tasks – being stable enough to keep the TV in place, hiding any cables, and providing a useful place to store DVDs, periphery items and so on. It also has to look good, because a TV stand is usually a focal point in the living room, apart from the couches. A quality corner stand is a great choice as it fulfills every requirement, plus it’s excellent for saving space.
In order to deserve our recommendation, every TV for under $300 has to come through a series of tests. These are designed to check for, amongst other things:
- Visual quality – every TV has to be impeccable in terms of visual quality, with excellent resolution, no motion blur, and good contrasts.
- Audio – the audio quality must reach the highest standards demonstrating a full-bodied rich tonal experience.
- Functionality – our TVs must be easy to set up, be user-friendly, and perform exactly as desired.
- Value for money – by weighing up quality and balancing it against the price, we can establish if value for money is offered.
- Design – the style and appearance of the TV should offer a contemporary, streamlined look.
Only the models that come through with flying colors can be recommended, ensuring that we only ever feature the very best models.
Why not have a browse through our top 3 TVs under $300 of 2020?
Komodo by Sceptre KU515R 50" 4K UHD Ultra Slim LED TV 3840x2160 Memc 120, Metal Black 2019
- Memc 120 with a MEMC 120 (Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation), all action-packed sequences will flow smoothly from frame to frame for the ultimate experience. Enjoy every moment of the auto enhanced picture quality especially for all your favorite sports, video games, and movies packed with action
- Superior 4K Picture Enter an unrivaled world of color variation, impressive contrasts, and image detail with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160). Sceptre 4K delivers a superior picture with 8 million pixels, four times more than a 1080P Full HDTV.Brightness:273 cd/m2
- HDCP 2. 2 HDCP 2. 2 ensures that all the 4K content that is transferred from a source (Blu-Ray player, DVD player, etc. ) to the display (the TV) is secured with copyright protection. Bearing your convenience and future use in mind, Sceptre is compliant with HDCP 2. 2 on most of its 4K UHD TVs.
- Uhd upscaling enjoy all your videos with UHD upscaling. With an advanced video chipset, standard Definition (SD), high Definition (HD), or full High Definition (FHD) will be vividly enhanced to 4K resolution which delivers a picture quality that nears the degree of excellence of a UHD display. This display will breathe new life into the colors of your older movies and TV shows
- Consumer electronics control (CEC) the consumer Electronics control (CEC) feature allows users to control HDMI connected devices with only one Remote. Since more audio content can now be accessed with ARC and CEC, entertainment just took a giant leap forward
LG Electronics 22LJ4540 22-Inch 1080p IPS LED TV (2017 Model)
$129.99 in stock
1 used from $145.41
- Your purchase includes One LG 22LJ4540 22-Inch LED TV, 2017 model, one controller and User Manual
- TV Dimensions: Without Stand - 20" W x 2.1" H x 12.5" D. With Stand - 20" W x 5.8" H x 14.1" D. Screen size: 21.5” measured diagonally
- No smart functionality. Triple XD Engine processes images with even greater precision to enable more natural color expression, deeper contrast and for a more lifelike picture.
- LG’s LED backlighting delivers exceptional brightness and amazing image clarity. You'll see richer colors and deeper blacks too, and LEDs offer greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD monitors.
- Inputs: One (ATSC) RF In (Antenna/Cable). One HDMI
TCL 32S327 32-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model)
- Dimensions (w x H x D): TV without stand: 28.8 x 17.1 x 3.0 Inches, TV with stand: 28.8 x 19.1 x 7.1 inches
- Smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500,000 movies and TV episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive Roku TV
- 1080p HD resolution for a lifelike picture
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality with 120Hz refresh rate for fast moving action scenes with virtually no motion blur
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 1 USB, RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical audio Out
If you enjoyed this page, and are on a budget, then consider giving these pages a read too!