Spectrum, also known as Charter Spectrum, have been bringing us new and innovative tech ideas for decades, and their deceptively diminutive remote control is the latest gadget to hit the market.
Designed to offer complete connectivity with your TV, whether it’s an impressive 65-inch model, or a smaller second screen, their universal remote provides effective compatibility, allowing you to remotely control your TV, HD, home theater and other systems.
So, how do you get this bad boy to control your TV?
In order to sync it with your particular make and model of TV, for example, Spectrum has devised a set of codes for you to input.
- Turn on your TV
- On the remote, press the TV and the OK/SEL buttons together and hold for 3 seconds
- The TV’s LED will light up and remain on for 30 seconds, and you’re ready to programme
- While the LED is still on, point the remote at your TV, and enter the code that corresponds with the brand of your TV
- Confirm that you’ve put in the correct code by pressing POWER
- Once your TV has turned on, check that the programming was successful by changing the channel via the remote control
- Press the TV button to verify and store the code. The TV’s LED should blink twice to let you know that the code is stored successfully
Time, now, to sit back and explore the new world that’s just opened up to you – enjoy!
This YouTube video guides you through the most useful controls in order to make full use of your Spectrum remote control: