The viewing experience that a 60 inch TV offers is exciting, to say the least, and, although not a standard size, they fit perfectly in most average-sized rooms.
The majority of models include smart features and enhanced image quality, thanks to the ever-advancing 4K UHD technology, making them the ideal choice for family viewing. Wide angled viewing planes are rapidly becoming the norm as manufacturers recognize that not everyone has a seating plan that places the audience in direct view of the screen. Family movie nights no longer have to consist of scrunching up on the sofa with no room to breathe just to see the image accurately!
Spread out and kick back with our choice of the best 60 inch TVs:
Samsung UN58RU7100FXZA Flat 58-Inch 4K UHD
1 used from $789.99
- Product Dimensions: W/ Stand: 51.2" W x 10.3" D x 32.9" H | W/o Stand: 51.2" W x 2.3" D x 29.8" H
- 4K UHD PROCESSOR: Powerful 4K UHD processor optimizes your TV’s performance by upscaling every show, season, and scene with 4K picture quality
- ENHANCED DETAIL WITH HDR: 4K depth of detail with high dynamic range lets you see shades of color that reveal more detail than HDTV can deliver
- PURCOLOR REVEALS SPECTRUMS OF COLOR: Millions of shades of color reveal a vibrant, lifelike picture that conventional HDTV can’t create
- SMART TV FEATURES: Simple on screen universal guide to find streaming content and live TV shows, OneRemote to control all compatible devices, smart speaker expandability with Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, and more
This Samsung has an ultra-powerful 4K UHD processor which optimizes the performance of your TV, making colors pop with pristine 4K image quality. The picture displayed is terrific, vivid, and vibrant colors run alongside rich contrasting, and luminosity. Details and textures are reach-out-and-touch impressive and are further improved by the full array LED Backlight.
The high tech Smart TV allows you to use some of the most popular apps right now, and is also compatible with Alexa and. It has built-in HDMI, USB, and Wi-Fi to connect to the internet.
All in all, this is an easy recommendation.
Sony X800H 65 Inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility - 2020 Model (XBR65X800H)
1 used from $748.50
- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1: See premium 4K pictures, rich with real-world detail and texture. Upscale everything you watch to near-4K with 4K X-Reality PRO.
- TRILUMINOS Display: See exactly what the creator intended with advanced color and gradation
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more responsive gaming experience.
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get answers, and manage tasks.
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Stream smart camera feeds with your voice. Through an Alexa enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps, turn up the volume, and more.
The Sony X800H is exceptionally good at optimizing the overall contrast of non-HDR images, making them look almost as if they were HDR. The Triluminos display helps create fascinating shades of color, to improve the overall picture quality further. The fast-moving scenes are rolled smoothly by the Motion XR 960, which helps enhance the 120Hz panel.
It is compatible with Alexa and Google just like the other TVs on this list. It has 4 HDMI ports and a built-in Wi-Fi connection. The design of the TV is pretty regular, but it still stands classically sleek with a slim bezel and a beautiful stand.
SAMSUNG 55-Inch Class Crystal UHD TU-8000 Series - 4K UHD HDR Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (UN55TU8000FXZA, 2020 Model)
$497.99 in stock
5 used from $467.50
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: This ultra-fast processor transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- MULTI VOICE: Smart TV with Alexa and Bixby.
- SMART TV POWERED BY TIZEN : Go beyond Smart TV with next-gen apps, super easy control, and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV watching experience.
- HDR: Unveils shades of color you can't find on HDTV.
- CRYSTAL DISPLAY: Experience crystal clear colors that are fine-tuned to deliver a naturally crisp and vivid picture.
On testing this baby, we were surprised by the high quality vs the low, low price – all in all, the value for money is excellent.
With a great build quality, the sleekly slimline chassis, and minimalistic bezels easily pull you into the on-screen adventure without distraction. The color gamut blends seamlessly where it needs to, but offers stark, crisp contrasts, without the annoying halo effect, where the image demands. Textures are nicely detailed, and the scrolling is smooth. This is an awesome screen for an impressively low price.
The audio is good, too, okay so maybe not as good some of the other models here, but only if you crank the volume right up does the acoustic judder become apparent, and for us, that certainly isn’t a deal-breaker. We still feel this rightly deserves a place on our list of excellence, especially with both Alexa and Bixby ready to obey your every whim!
FAQs about buying a 60 Inch TV
How wide is a 60 inch TV?
The screen for a 60 inch TV is usually around 52 inches wide, and with today's stylishly slim bezels only adding an inch or so, the whole TV will come in at 53 inches wide.
How tall is a 60 inch TV?
A screen for a 60 inch TV is generally around 29 inches high. The rest of the height consists of the stand, which varies depending on the style.
What size soundbar do I need for a 60 inch TV?
A 50 inch soundbar would suit a 60 inch TV perfectly.
How many amps does a 60 inch LED TV use?
An 60 inch LED TV uses fewer Amps than a LCD or Plasma TV would, at around 1.6 Amps for 120 v.
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a particular size of TV, then consider giving these pages a read too!