One thing is sure about TVs – they will always remain a must-have in every home. With a 55 inch TV, you can experience an impressive visual adventure, and at the same time save space in your living room. Watching a movie or playing a game is perfect on a TV of this size, as you can get fully immersed in the content. Manufacturers are producing 55 inch TVs en masse and with the latest features being added, buying a TV with voice control and guides to help you chose your content is slowly becoming the norm for every TV.
Buyers have started to get more informed and are developing a specific taste that suits their needs. Manufacturers have responded by producing more advanced TVs with more features to cater to their preferences. Therefore, 55′ TVs suit the needs of most users, whether as their main or side TV unit, since they come with all the latest technology, have the minimum size necessary for flawless viewing, and fit into every average size room.
Below, you will find the best 55′ inch TVs the market has to offer!
Insignia NS-55DF710NA19 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR - Fire TV Edition
- Insignia 4K UHD Smart TV – Fire TV Edition delivers true-to-life 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and vivid colors.
- With the Fire TV experience built-in, enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, including Disney+, Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more
- Fire TV Edition seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen (HD antenna required).
- Easily control your TV with the included Voice Remote with Alexa—plus, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and more, using just your voice.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 48.9” x 28.6” x 3.3”, TV with stand: 48.9” x 30.3” x 10.4”. Multiple device input/output options: 3 HDMI including 1 with ARC, USB, composite input, antenna/cable input, digital output (optical), audio output, Ethernet.
This Insignia TV is not the prettiest out there, but its quality is of the highest order. It has a decent number of ports to satisfy the needs of most users: 3 of them are HDMI, 1 USB, 1 Ethernet, and many more. The picture quality is excellent, and you can enjoy whatever you’re watching in over 8 million pixels. The added clarity and the deep contrast make everything more enjoyable for the viewer.
Reflections are minimal due to the semi-gloss finish will defuse the light, which will diminish the intensity of the light coming in. The sound is overall pretty great, and there are no interferences while listening to music.
TCL 55S425 55 inch 4K Smart LED Roku TV (2019)
1 used from $439.99
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 49 X 28. 4 X 3. 1 inches, TV with stand: 49 X 30. 6 X 8 inches
- Smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500, 000 movies and TV episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive Roku TV
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture.Wi-fi:802.11ac 2x2 Dual Band (support 2.4GHz & 5GHz)
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality. VESA Mounting Specifications-VESA Hole Pattern-200mm (V) x 200mm (H). Screw Size-M6 x 12
- Inputs: 3 HDMI 2. 0 with HDCP 2. 2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out, Ethernet
The classic design hides an impressive skillset, offering all the expertise of TCL in one TV. With a visual experience second to none, the true to life colors sing out with vibrancy, providing rich details, and exhilarating contrasts. With excellent black levels, crisp, clear whites and an audio that fills the room with accuracy and realism, this is well worth considering.
With 3 HDMI inputs, 1 Headphone jack, Ethernet, and many other ports, you can use this TV in many different ways. Smart functionality delivers around half a million TV show episodes and movies, which is made possible by the incredible Roku TV. It is also compatible with both Alexa and Google.
Sony XBR55X900F 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with Alexa Compatibility
1 used from $1,199.99
- Beyond High Definition: 4K UHD HDR picture offers stunning clarity, color range and detail
- Enhanced Quality: With the X1 Extreme Processor enjoy controlled contrast & wide range of brightness
- Say It. See It.: Connect Alexa to your TV to stream smart camera feeds with your voice, play music, launch video apps, and more; Compatible with Amazon Alexa & Google Home
- Premium Display: Enjoy Vibrant Colors with Triluminos & Clear on Screen Action with X-Motion Clarity
- Dimensions(WxHxD): Without Stand 48 3/8 x 27 7/8 x 2 3/4 inches, with Stand 48 3/8 x 30 3/8 x 10 5/8 inches
If you want quality and stunning design, then the Sony XBR is the right option for you. The stand of this TV is a good looking backdrop to the stylish chassis. When it comes to the display resolution, it is top-notch (3840 x 2160 pixels). While the 4K HD offers a brilliant picture with great detail, rich contrasts and vibrant colors.
It has multiple inputs and outputs, with 4 HDMI ports, 1 USB 3.0, and 2 USB 2.0. To make things a lot easier, it comes with Voice remote that is compatible with Google Assitant, and Alexa. The 120Hz refresh rate is provided by the X-Motion Clarity, and to make sure that your TV doesn’t lag at all, it is powered by an X1 Extreme processor.
How wide is a 55 inch TV?
A 55 inch TV is around 47 inches wide.
How tall is a 55 inch TV?
The height of a 55 inch TV is approximately 27 inches, excluding the feet.
What is the best size TV stand for a 55 inch TV?
For a credenza style TV stand, a 55 inch TV needs a surface width of around 49 - 52 inches. This will provide a safe, secure place to put your TV.
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a particular size of TV, then consider giving these pages a read too!