Increasingly, families are being treated to second TVs, for bedrooms, kitchens and kid’s rooms, and a 43-inch TV is ideal for such a purpose. It’s small enough to fit into a space conscious room, but yet large enough to view the screen clearly. But if you’re going to get a second, or even third TV, why not make it a smart one, especially if your larger main screen is smart enabled.
The majority of us use smart technology everyday in the form of smartphones, so we’re all familiar with the concept of connecting to the internet, and a smart TV just scales up the idea. Via the internet connection, music and movies can be downloaded or streamed, games can be enjoyed online with the adrenaline-fuelled addition of being able to play with others from around the globe, and numerous apps become accessible. Most smart TVs are voice enabled, and many offer Alexa in their package. With the ability to control your smart home by just telling Alexa what to switch on, a smart TV is a great addition for all the family.
Every 43-inch smart TV model that we feature has to conform to our strict standards, and in order to accurately establish this, we put them through a series of tough tests. This allows us to analyze several factors, including:
- Smart functionality – our models must connect easily, quickly and with stability, offer access to a wide range of useful apps and be simple to navigate
- Picture quality – the picture should feature a crisp resolution, displaying the full color gamut, dark blacks and a smooth, judder-free roll
- Audio – the audio must subtly enhance your TV, bringing the story to life in your ears, with no jarring notes to disturb the experience
- Immersive experience – your new 43-inch smart TV must allow you to sink into the on-screen story, whatever you’re watching,
- Functionality – our featured TVs must be simple to install, use, and personalize
All the TVs that we recommend have come through completely unscathed, so you can browse with confidence, knowing that these are the very best 43-inch smart TVs of 2020.
TCL 43S425 43 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Roku LED TV (2018)
$229.00 in stock
2 used from $239.50
- Dimensions (w x H x D): TV without stand: 38.2 x 22.4 x3 inches, TV with stand: 38.2 inches x 24.5 inches x 7.6 inches
- Smart Functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500, 000 movies and TV episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive Roku TV
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality. Panel Resolution 3840 x 2160
- Inputs: 3 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical audio Out, Ethernet
TOSHIBA 43LF711U20 43-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV HDR - Fire TV Edition
- Fire TV experience built-in - Fire TV Edition brings together live-over-the air TV, and your favorite streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch live over-the-air TV, or stream movies and shows from Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO and more.
- Dolby Vision HDR - Enhanced 4K HDR picture with an expanded range of contrast and superior brightness.
- True-to-life picture quality - Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast and vivid colors. Watch movies and TV shows come to life in ultra high definition.
- Voice Remote with Alexa - Everything you'd expect from a remote - plus launch apps, search for TV shows, switch inputs, control smart home devices and more, using just your voice. With Prime Video, Netflix, and HBO buttons, instantly access your favorite apps.
- Keeps getting smarter - This TV is smart and simple in every way. Just plug it in, connect to Wi-Fi and enjoy. Plus, your TV keeps getting smarter with new Alexa skills and features through automatic over-the-air software updates, so that you always have the latest.
LG 43UM7300PUA Alexa Built-in 43" 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2019)
- Quad core processor: Improves images, action and color, reducing distracting video noise and motion blur, enhancing sharpness and portraying accurate colors
- LG THINQ, Alexa and Google Assistant: LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology
- 4K Active HDR: 4K resolution TV detail and more lifelike picture with scene by scene picture adjustment; Supports HDR formats, HDR10 and HLG
- IPS 4K: wide viewing angle keeps you enthralled with spectacular realism displaying almost 100 percent color accuracy, even from a 60 degree angle
- Access AI based entertainment with Webos: There's a lot to love about LG’s award winning, easy to use platform
Samsung UN43RU7100FXZA Flat 43-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model)
$399.00 in stock
2 used from $399.00
- Product Dimensions: W/ Stand: 38.2" W x 8.3" D x 25.1" H | W/o Stand: 38.2" W x 2.3" D x 22.2" H
- 4K UHD Processor: Powerful 4K UHD Processor Optimizes Your TV’s Performance by Upscaling Every Show, Season, and Scene With 4K Picture Quality
- Enhanced Detail with HDR: 4K Depth of Detail with High Dynamic Range Lets You See Shades of Color That Reveal More Detail than Hdtv Can Deliver
- Purcolor Reveals Spectrums of Color: Millions of Shades of Color Reveal a Vibrant, Lifelike Picture That Conventional Hdtv Can’t Create
- Smart TV Features: Simple on screen universal guide to find streaming content and live TV shows, OneRemote to control all compatible devices, smart speaker expandability with Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, and more
Insignia NS-43DF710NA19 43-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV HDR - Fire TV Edition
- Insignia 4K UHD Smart TV – Fire TV Edition delivers true-to-life 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and vivid colors.
- With the Fire TV experience built-in, enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, including Disney+, Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more
- Fire TV Edition seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen (HD antenna required).
- Easily control your TV with the included Voice Remote with Alexa—plus, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and more, using just your voice.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 38.2” x 22.5” x 3.2”, TV with stand: 38.2” x 24.3” x 8.9”. Multiple device input/output options: 3 HDMI including 1 with ARC, USB, composite input, antenna/cable input, digital output (optical), audio output, Ethernet.
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a particular size of TV, then consider giving these pages a read too!