Many US households have more than one TV, and a smaller 40-inch screen is ideal as a second device in the bedroom, kid’s room or even kitchen, whilst for size limited living areas, such as student apartments, or campervans and RVs, a larger screen can be impractical. For the budget conscious, too, a smaller, but still high quality, screen can check all the boxes.
Perfect for easy wall mounting, a 40-inch TV will also sit unobtrusively on a multi-purpose corner stand, and with the streamlined appearance of contemporary TVs, can enhance any modern interior, be it starkly minimalist, or a cozy cottage.
Every 40-inch model featured on our site has been tried and tested to ensure that you’re getting the very best, and this reassurance allows you to browse in complete confidence.
Among the factors we analyze are:
- Picture quality – the picture offered, no matter what you choose to watch, should be clear and crisp, with vibrant, realistic colors, great contrasts and black levels and smooth, judder-free scrolling
- Audio – the audio, too, should subtly enhance any TV experience, bringing realistic sound, from the quietest whisper to sense-filling explosions, into your room
- Immersive experience – whether you’re watching the latest blockbuster, or your favorite daytime soap, you should be able to forget the world around you, engaging with the on-screen story completely
- Functionality – our recommended models must be simple and hassle-free to set-up, navigate around and customize according to your needs
- Value for money – by weighing up the price vs the TV’s build quality, features, and all round viewing experience, we can assess whether the price banding is fair and justifiable
Here, then, are our top 3 40-inch TVs of 2021
1) Skyworth 40” Smart TV with Voice Control
SKYWORTH E20300 40" INCH 1080P LED A53 Quad-CORE Android TV Smart 40E20300 with Voice Control Smart Remote, 1mm Thin Bezel, and Android Operating System
Skyworth, not a well known brand, have produced a TV that easily equals some of the more familiar manufacturer’s models.
The innovative infinity screen minimizes bezel interference, allowing a fully immersive experience for viewers wherever they are seated. Colors are richly vibrant, with the deepest blacks, and halo-less light tones producing an exceptional picture quality across the comfortably matte, reflection-free screen.
With Chromecast built in, cast movies and more, plus sync, share and stream via the Android smart platform – the perfect home entertainment experience.
2) TCL 40Inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV
TCL 40S325 40 Inch 1080p Smart LED Roku TV (2019)
$249.99 in stock
3 used from $229.99
TCL’s Roku smart platform is a popular choice. With a user friendly interface, and easily accessible menu, it’s simple to search for the apps you wish to add to your experience, and Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant are ready to roll.
Enjoy the rich gamut of colors, offering the perfect LED vibrancy across the full screen – no dimming with this baby! The resolution remains solid, even when enjoying the fastest movie action – choose from in excess of 500,000 film offerings, thanks to the lower than low lag rate.
With a budget friendly price tag, this TV is worth serious consideration.
3) Sceptre 40″ Class FHD LED TV
Sceptre 40" Class FHD (1080P) LED TV (X405BV-FSR)
With a stylish, no-nonsense design, this robust model from Sceptre offers an impressive viewing adventure. The realistically bright colors, combined with beautiful detailing and smooth, honest contrasts, produce an experience equalling that of the most expensive TV. Crisp clarity, low lag frame rolling, and a range of ports allow this TV to become a decent games machine, too, adding to its versatility.
All in all, this Sceptre 40” TV is a great choice for either your main screen or as a second TV.
If you enjoyed this page, and are looking for a particular size of TV, then consider giving these pages a read too!